-
March 18th, 2002, 03:53 PM
#11
Scott Spears
Guest
I think a recent John Cougar Mellencamp video used a lot of Super-8. Don't ask me the song title.
Scott
------------------
-
March 18th, 2002, 06:59 PM
#12
mattias
Guest
> Enjoy the Silence
which is easily the best video ever made. it's also a great example of super 8 shot to look "normal", even though it's far from "as good as super-8 can look"...
/matt
-
March 18th, 2002, 08:58 PM
#13
seekaee
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MovieStuff:
We all know that super 8 is used in music videos but how often is it used to look "normal" as opposed to crapped out, grain enhanced and screwed up in general?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Roger,if you can( withstand the crappy music that is)look at that Paula Abdu video. It's pretty stunning looking.
As for my favortie S-8 video, if anyone want's to take a look, you can do so right here...
http://director-file.com/cunningham/529.html#
------------------
-
March 19th, 2002, 04:46 AM
#14
MovieStuff
Guest
We all know that super 8 is used in music videos but how often is it used to look "normal" as opposed to crapped out, grain enhanced and screwed up in general? That's one of my pet gripes about how Pro8mm markets super 8; they point to movies and music videos that use super 8 but the end result is never as good as super 8 can look. On the contrary, the producers seem to go out of their way to make the super 8 footage look worse than it has to. Grrrrr.....
Just once I would like to see a music video shot entirely on super 8 where the format is maximized. It's particularly annoying since any one of use could make an entire feature for the money they spend on a 3.5 minute music video!
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
March 19th, 2002, 04:53 AM
#15
Ronson
Guest
8th Man makes mention of some Depeche Mode videos from the 80s that were shot on Super-8.
FWIW, I can add a little more info along these lines.
*All* of the videos shot for the Violator album (released by DM in early 1990) were shot on S8 film.
Personal Jesus, Enjoy the Silence and a few other tunes from the album... I think there were at least 5 videos, all together.
And, all of these S8 DM Violator videos were collected on a laserdisc, with a loose narrative (featuring the band at an abandoned drive-in movie theater) tying the whole thing together.
And, for those interested, here's a link to a copy of it on eBay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1524782136
(At least, I think this is it... it's been so long since I've looked at my LD, I've forgotten the title of the LD... I do remember that the LD featuring the videos from the Violator album was *not* called Violator, oddly enough.)
Hope this is more informative than confusing. 
RP
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks